HOST Milan 2019
Home to the food service industry
Everyone is busy with screwdrivers, saws, cloths and dusters. At the trade show site in Milan, preparations are in full swing to ensure everything is perfect when all eyes in the food service world look to the city from 18 to 22 October. Two years ago, the last HOST attracted more than 100,000 industry representatives looking to learn about new techniques, trends and technologies in food service and catering from 2,100 exhibitors from 51 countries.
Just walking across the trade show site, there are all kinds of new things to discover in the show's famous core areas: coffee, pizza, pastry and gelato.
For the first time, the Milan trade show site also features areas dedicated to what is new and hot in the worlds of furniture and tea, too. All in one place, visitors can see items of furniture and other products which can be fitted in an establishment – bar, bakery, restaurant or resort – to help communicate its image.
In 2019, visitors can look forward to over 400 events at the trade show site in Milan. Below, we have made a shortlist of the ones you should not miss. Attend presentations and seminars for new ideas or experience workshops and cooking demonstrations by chefs, master gelato makers and pastry chefs and even renowned barkeepers from Italy and further afield. Watch, take it in, imitate and keep doing it – improving each time.
You can find MEIKO
in hall 7 at stands A29,
A37, C30 and C38
Don't miss presentations, workshops and roundtables with the Foodservice Consultant Society International at Pav. 2, stands A12–B07. The programme theme is ‘food and hospitality of the future.’ Our Specification Manager at MEIKO UK, Mick Jary, was recently elected to the FCSI Board for Europe, Africa and the Middle East (EAME) to represent the FCSI's industry partners and he will be attending HOST.
In his role as representative of the FCSI's industry partners, Michael intends to focus on education, joint marketing and simple communication of information. He will be on site and happy to talk to you, discuss issues and exchange ideas. You can email him at: email@example.com.
The FCSI creates a platform for planners, consultants and companies:
- To discuss professional issues
- to find good decisions in technical issues
- for professional training
- for networking within the food service, hotel and catering industry
The FCSI was founded in the USA in the 1950s to address the need for quality standards for consultants and planners in the hospitality industry. Today, the society brings together more than 1,300 members in over 40 countries on five continents.
MEIKO is a manufacturer of professional warewashing technology and food waste treatment systems. At the trade show in Milan, the German machine builder will be able to cater to everyone in the food service industry. A small café owner will be able to find a tailored solution at the MEIKO exhibition stand. So will a caterer specialising in large events. Operators of fast food chains, food retail outlets, ice cream parlours and bars can all find out about the premium service and innovative technology MEIKO provides to customers all over the world to support their businesses.
- Unique shine – made possible by osmosis technology
- All-round premium quality – from entry-level models to the luxury range
- Ergonomic work – using the M-iClean H with automatic hood system
- Efficient processes – with carefully developed, innovative planning
Interested visitors can make an appointment to find out more about MEIKO's latest solutions on site. What else is going on at MEIKO's exhibition stand? Star sommelier Suwi Zlatic will be hosting a sommelier event at our stand, talking about his day-to-day work and what he values about MEIKO warewashing technology.
Among other aspects, he will mention avoiding breakages, odour-free glasses and sustainability. A limited number of places are available for this event. We recommend making an appointment and booking in for the sommelier event at the same time.
Mr Zlatic has studied wine tasting to a high level and is Maître d’Hôtel and head sommelier at a hotel in Austria. He has received several awards in recent years:
- Best sommelier in Austria 2014
- Ambassadeurs du Champagne 2015/16
- Vineus Sommelier of the Year 2016
- ROLLING PIN Sommelier 2018
If you are looking for some peace and quiet in the midst of a hectic day at the exhibition, head to the ‘oasis of peace’ in the service centre. This is a space for meditation, prayer and several types of religious service. Visitors can use it to switch off, relax and recharge for their next trip around the trade fair.
- TO COFFEE examines issues of sustainability in the supply chain. Currently, the price determined on the commodities exchanges is so low that coffee producers cannot even cover their costs. TO COFFEE raises awareness within the industry and will be at stands V50, Z49 in hall 24 on all five days.
- World Championship for cake designers and chocolatiers. The judges will be assessing the finalists' creations on presentation and taste. They are expecting ‘varied tastes and colours.’ Each team will be presenting something different when their turn arrives from 19–22 October at stands L76, L90, N75 and N89 in hall 10.
- World Championship in latte art. The best milk foam artists in the world will compete on 20–21 October in hall 18 at the Italian Association of Coffee Roasters, Importers and Food Wholesalers stand. Sunday will see the Italian competition and Monday the international finals.
- Pizza Championship: The most popular, most commonly interpreted and most-eaten Italian dish is pizza. The best pizza bakers in Europe will be crowned on 21 and 22 October in Hall 3, booth T51 U50.
- Bakers Academy: From 18th to 22nd October, local artisan bakers will be the main protagonists at the Host in Milan. In hall 6 at booth L30-M29, they will provide insights from their bakeries in workshops and convey some of the tricks of the bread baking trade.
MEIKO will also be presenting kitchen planning expertise garnered in over 90 years of experience. The concept is simple: the larger the kitchen, the more tasks, employees and machines are involved and the bigger the savings restaurant managers can make. When many people work together, smooth processes are mandatory. Visitors to our stand can see first hand how we handle all that behind the scenes. Come to our stand to see it for yourself. See you at the MEIKO stand in hall 7, stands A29, A37, C30, C38. A breve a Milano!